What is it going to cost? That's the number-one financial question every CEO and management team asks about wellness programs.
Understanding healthcare costs and the impact a wellness program can have on a company's bottom line is critical information for the leadership of an organization. The Wellsource® Productivity and Economic Benefits Report (PEBR) is a forward-looking report that shows the projected economic benefit of reaching wellness goals.
This report shows an organization's projected savings in the areas of healthcare costs, absenteeism, and productivity. The PEBR also identifies projected savings by the overall number of health risk factors. At the end of the first year of a wellness program, this report can be compared to the company's actual savings achieved to measure how the organization is doing.
The report is based on the HRA results of a population as well as:
- The average hourly wage for employees.
- The average total medical claims per employee for the most recent full year.
- The wellness goal for risk reduction. The risk reduction percentage is your goal used to estimate cost savings over a year.
- The date range for assessment data you want to use for the report.
Our reporting tool will give you a financial forecast of potential savings based on the goals you've set for lowering health risk factors within your organization. The PEBR will give you:
- The leading health risk factors within your organization
- Average number of health risk factors per participant
- Average number of days that participants missed work due to sickness or injury
- Excess costs per risk factor based on healthcare costs, productivity losses, and absenteeism
- Potential savings if participants reduce their number of risk factors
The Productivity and Economic Benefits Report helps you evaluate the success of your wellness program, choose interventions that will make a difference, and see the financial benefits of investing in wellness.