No matter how old you are, the amount of exercise you're getting is an important part of every health assessment. Staying physically active throughout your life, from childhood to old age, has many great health benefits, including:
- Exercise helps fight disease – No matter how old you are, exercise can help prevent your body from contracting many debilitating diseases and conditions. The medical conditions that physical activity has been proven to prevent include Type 2 diabetes, some forms of cancer, stroke, arthritis, and metabolic conditions.
- It also improves heart health – It's never a bad time to think about your heart health, and exercise is one of the best ways to keep your heart in great shape. Regular physical activity reduces bad cholesterol and triglycerides, and also boosts high-density lipoprotein (aka “good” cholesterol).
- Physical activity boosts energy levels – If you ever find regular chores and activities are tiring you out, the answer may be to include more physical activity in your day. Exercise improves blood flow, which increases nutrient and oxygen delivery to the body. The more essential nutrients your body is receiving, the more energy you will have.
- Exercise helps you sleep – Sleeping is an essential process for the body, and getting regular exercise helps people fall asleep faster. It also improves the quality of their sleep time.
- Improved sex life – A healthy sex life is known to have positive health impacts on the body and mind, and exercise has been shown to help improve sex drive for both men and women. Women who exercise find it easier to become sexually aroused, and men who get regular physical activity are less likely to suffer from erectile dysfunction.
Some fun and healthy exercise activities that anyone can do, regardless of age, include:
Contact us today at (800) 533-9355 for more great health tips.